For healthy hair growth, there are a plethora of remedies available. No, there are literally thousands of shampoos, soaps, conditioners, serums of all herbal and chemical bases, but none of them seem to give the results that we want. Are all the remedies done and dusted, and still looking for something that works for your hair? We’re sure this one will help you get those long tresses without a lot of effort.
We all know the benefits of green tea on our health, but what we miss is that external application of green tea on hair is just as beneficial for your hair. Here are some benefits of green tea for your hair:
Benefits of Green Tea for Hair
- Green tea prevents hair loss by suppressing the compounds responsible for it.
- It replenishes the nutrients in the scalp and stimulates hair growth.
- Green tea improves blood circulation in the scalp, thereby activating the hair follicles.
- It has strong anti-inflammatory properties that reduce itchy scalp and dandruff.
- Green tea is also rich in anti-oxidants, so green tea can help avoid any bacterial or fungal infections.
- It has Vitamin B, which makes your hair healthier and thicker.
- Green tea can also help you prevent grey hair in early ages.
DIY Green Tea Hair Growth Shampoo
Wondering how to use green tea? Here is a DIY Green Tea Hair Growth Shampoo, which you can make easily. You can use this for up to a month, provided that you refrigerate it properly. Since it is an all natural, no preservative remedy, you have to take care while storing it. Though we use olive oil and a few other essential oils in this remedy because they work well with the green tea, you can skip them if you want.
- Green tea bags: 4-5, or Loose Green tea: 5-6 tablespoons
- Water: One cup
- Liquid Castile soap: one cup
- Olive oil: 1 teaspoon
- Rosemary essential oil: few drops
- Lavender essential oil: few drops
- Vitamin E Oil: few drops
- Boil one cup of water.
- Take it off the stove and put the green tea bags or leaves into it.
- Let it seep so that the nutrients leech into the water. Strain the water.
- Now add the oils and liquid castile soap into this green tea water.
- Mix well and transfer in a bottle.
- Store in fridge.
- Use once a week or every time you wash your hair.
- Take only a drop of shampoo and rub using your palms into the scalp.
- Keep it on for a few minutes then rinse thoroughly.
- Green Tea water
- Honey: One tablespoon
- Liquid soap: One cup
- Olive oil: one tablespoon
- To make green tea water, add a few tablespoons of green tea into one cup of boiling water.
- Strain the mixture and add all the other ingredients, mix well.
- Store it in an old shampoo bottle.
- Use this shampoo every time you wash your hair.
- Shake well before use as the oils can separate.
- Lather your hair for 3-4 minutes with this shampoo and rinse thoroughly, as honey can be sticky.