As you get older, you may be noticing that your skin doesn’t have the same elasticity it did when you were young. As you age, the collagen production drops off, and your skin gets damaged by the sun and other elements.
Antioxidants are the best way to fight back against the aging process. According to best health, the antioxidants vitamin A, B3, C, and E are what the skin needs to help rebuild its collagen. These antioxidants can be absorbed through the skin. The question is how much do you need to actually make a difference? Doctors and scientists don’t know the answer to that question. Below are 6 home remedies that are high in antioxidants that you can feel free to try and see if they work.
- Lemons are high in vitamin C, so Consumer Health Digest recommends massaging lemon juice into your skin for 10 minutes two to three times a day.
- According to Stylecraze, bananas are rich in vitamins A, B, and C.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to 1 mashed banana and rub this onto your skin.
- Leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Repeat the process twice a week.
3. Vitamin E
- Stylecraze says putting vitamin E oil straight onto your skin is really beneficial.
- Simply squeeze the oil out of a couple of capsules and massage the oil into the skin for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Avocados are rich in vitamin C and A, so Consumer Health Digest makes a paste out of 1 avocado and 1 cucumber.
- Mash the two together and rub it on your skin.
- Leave it for 30 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- Strawberries are another great source of vitamin C and smell good too.
- Top 10 Home Remedies mashes 2 to 3 strawberries, 2 teaspoons yogurt and 2 teaspoons honey together.
- Apply this to your skin for 5 minutes. Rinse it off and repeat it daily.
- Papaya is an excellent source of both vitamin C and vitamin A.
- Stylecraze puts several slices of ripe papaya and 1 to 2 tablespoons of rice flour in a blender.
- Apply it to your skin and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Repeat it two times a week.