Hair fall can be a problem for some individuals and it is attributable to many factors such as genetics, pollution, lack of nutrients and damage. Here are some natural remedies which can be helpful:
DIY Egg Mask
- Take an egg and separate the yolk from the egg white portion.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the egg white portion and start beating the mixture until you get the fluid which is about double of the original volume.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of honey as well and mix well again while beating the mixture.
- Once it is prepared, apply this paste on damp hair with the help of the brush.
- Let the hair get soaked in this mixture.
- Let the mask stay in the hair for about 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water first.
- Then clean your hair with a mild shampoo to get rid of the egg white portion completely.
- Do this remedy once a week.
How this helps:
Eggs are a rich source of protein which helps in strengthening the hair follicle and preventing hair fall to a great extent. It is also very helpful in making the hair shiny and glossy. Honey helps to prepare damaged hair along with the egg white. Honey helps to nourish dry hair naturally. Olive oil is a good source of fats which helps in moisturizing the hair and making them soft.
- Take 1/4th cup of coconut oil and warm it up so that it melts.
- Make sure the oil is not too hot. For this, warm it up using the double boiler method instead of heating it up directly.
- Add 7-8 drops of tea tree essential oil to the coconut oil, mix well and apply it on the scalp.
- Massage well for 10-15 minutes.
- Apply the rest of the oil on the hair ends and let it stay for about 2 hours.
- You can also leave coconut oil in the hair overnight for deep conditioning.
- Finally, shampoo and condition your hair as usual.
- Do this every alternate day.
How this helps:
This remedy works best for individuals who are suffering from hair fall due to damaged hair. Our hair may get damaged due to heat, improper hair care and other factors. This can lead to hair fall. However, this can be helped with coconut oil since it has healthy fats which penetrate the hair and make them strong to prevent damage. It also helps in preventing split ends and getting rid of dandruff.
Aloe Vera Gel
- Take 2-3 fresh and tender aloe Vera leaves and slice them from the middle.
- Make a few superficial slits with a knife on the inside on the leaf and collect the gel into a bowl.
- Once you have an about 3/4th cup of gel, add it to the blender.
- Add in 3-4 tablespoons of castor oil along with 7-8 drops of tea tree essential oil and blend this mixture for 1 minute until it gets converted into a frothy and creamy mixture.
- Apply this prepared mixture on dry hair from roots to the ends and let it stay for 2 hours.
- Rinse it off with plain water and condition your hair with a mild shampoo.
How this helps:
Aloe Vera gel helps in making the hair shiny and soft. It helps in eliminating dandruff as well and it’s a great remedy for getting rid of hair fall. Castor oil is known for enhancing hair growth while tea tree oil helps in reducing inflammation.